Friday, June 8, 2012

Vandalism


  I decided that I would start a blog to give our members and guests a inside look at what we do on a daily basis and what is involved and why we are doing them.

  Today was not a normal day. As I was driving out to #3 green to mow, the picture above is what I came across. In the night someone decided to vandalize #3 and #6 green. # 3 green had a hole that was 3ft wide and 2ft deep. This was all done with shovels and a post hole digger. why would anyone want to do this?

   By about 10am we had both holes patched and sanded. We put it back together like a puzzle then top dressed with sand to level the plugs. We had to cut sod from the back putting green to fill in the big hole that was dug on three green. We will be watering these greens a little throughout the next few days so the plugs don't dry up and die. I think they look pretty good now, considering what they looked like this morning. Within a week these greens should be back to normal. I would also like to thank Gordan Anderson and Dean Lousberg for taking time to help. Thanks alot guys.

 Well that is about all I have for now, just thought I would let you know what happened to those two greens so when you play your next round you won't be surprised. They might be a little bumpy for a few days but will be back to normal in no time.